Sunday, June 28, 2015

A New Day

Hi Friends and Family!

Summer is in full swing and that means that life is good and busy in our home these days.

School ended exactly one month ago and the kids have loved having their days free.  Really they've loved having lots of time to play Nintendo and Pokemon while only having to complete a few minor chores each day.  They are good kids and keep themselves relatively busy.

John started a new shift at work last April, which is less ideal for his sleep schedule, but he has more days off in a week and is able to complete all of his working hours in just 3 or 4 days each week.  He seems to like it and with him home so much we haven't had a need for a sitter this year.  That's a HUGE blessing for our family!!

I'm still working both jobs and teaching piano on the side.  It's a fun thing for me to do and I really enjoy all of my activities, but sometimes I just need a break. :)  For the most part, though, I enjoy being busy.  The truth is that if I didn't have all of these things filling up my time, I would find other things to fill my life with.  Such is life, I suppose.

Andrew is officially a 3rd grader.  It's scary that he could possibly be old enough to be in 3rd grade (and really, he's old enough to be in 4th).  He loves to read, play Pokemon, Minecraft, Halo (yes, I'm one of THOSE parents), and ride his bike.  He likes to be with his friends and he is a little timid about taking risks.  He's a sweet boy and has a good heart.  He loves to tell jokes and always has something really funny to say. :)

Mason is moving on to 2nd grade.  He's really super at math and loves to learn, though he doesn't seem to enjoy reading.  He tends to want me to read to him, so now we read every other page.  That seems to work.  Mason is a rough and tumble kind of kid.  If he crashes on his bike, he gets back up without a tear in his eye.  He tends to look out for others and make sure that they are happy before worrying about what he wants.  I love that about him.  He's really sensitive to the needs of others.  Lucky for me, he will still let me give him hugs, though kisses are totally out of the picture!

I always say I am going to try to be better about blogging on here, but the truth is that I'm really forgetful!  I'll just do what I can.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment